Jacksonville, Florida Local Moving
With years of experience in the Jacksonville local moving industry, My Movers Jacksonville will handle your move smoothly and efficiently. Whether you’re moving a house, apartment, condo, or storage unit My Movers Jacksonville can save you time and save your back!
Quality packing materials for all of our customers that schedule a move.
My Movers Jacksonville provides residential moving services in and around Jacksonville, Florida.
In the interest of saving you money, this list of moving tips has proven extremely helpful in reducing the amount of time and frustration spent on moving day:
- Whenever possible, move your own pictures, plants, table lamps and lamp shades, computers and stereo components.
- Unhook appliances, wind up electrical cords and secure hoses.
- Unhook headboards and footboards on beds and put the hardware in a place where you can find it.
- Take mirrors off the backs of chests and dressers.
- Pack boxes properly; make sure boxes have tops that are sealed. Remember, we are not responsible for the contents of cartons that we don’t pack.
- Clean out desks, nightstands, and dressers if they are very heavy or delicate. If they come up or down stairs with turns in them, clean out at least some of the drawers. These items frequently get turned on their sides in transport.
- Secure all small and “losable” items such as jewelry, coins, papers, etc. Put your keys, remote controls and checkbook where you can find them.
- In general, be prepared. Strive for a situation where the movers walk in, pick up a piece and walk out. The less time they spend using their tools, the faster the move will go. The more you do to organize your move, the less it will cost, and the easier it will be to get settled in your new home.
- To help ensure the safe relocation of your flat-screen television the unit should be crated in a specially designed shipping case or the original manufacturer’s carton.
Items that Should Not be Shipped
When you are planning your move, there are some common household items that should not be included in your shipment. Below is a partial list of items that should not be shipped.
- House paints
- Open containers of liquid
- Propane tanks or cans